1. How has life been ever since you became a part of the Philippines’ longest running noontime variety show, Eat Bulaga?
Alden Richards: My life has changed significantly and dramatically in many ways. I am really happy and grateful to be a part of Eat Bulaga. My hosting skills and my comedic acting and timing have both improved. The opportunity to be on TV as a host has given me the opportunity to learn from some of the best hosts and comedians in the country, and I am very thankful for that. Eat Bulaga is also where the AlDub phenomenon began. My life has changed a lot from the time AlDub came into my life, and I really appreciate all the blessings that have come my way.
2. Describe the partnership with your Eat Bulaga! co-host, Maine “Yaya Dub” Mendoza? How did it come about?
Alden Richards: It began as a sort of accident. A happy accident! It was a regular day on Eat Bulaga. Maine as Yaya Dub was doing the Dubsmash bit during the “Juan For All All For One” segment out on the streets, while I was in the studio at Broadway Centrum. Suddenly the camera focused on me watching Yaya Dub from the TV screen in the studio. When Yaya Dub saw that she began to blush and everyone felt the chemistry between us. The staff then decided to have us do Dubsmash videos for one another, and the rest, as they say, is history.
3. AlDub has been a consistent Twitter trending topic in the Philippines and worldwide. How has that happened?
Alden Richards: To be honest, it is quite indescribable – and totally organic. That’s how dedicated the AlDub fans are. A member of the staff of Eat Bulaga gives the hashtag for the day and they do their thing. Our fans come from all around the world. Sometimes they trend things that are not even related to Eat Bulaga, like when Maine & I attended the Guillermo Mendoza Awards night, or when we have solo or joint endorsements. When I appeared on Starstruck, a talent search on GMA, #AldenOnStarStruck trended. These are just a few examples of how the AlDub fans show their love for us – online.
4. What do you think about an AlDub movie or TV show? Good idea?
Alden Richards: As a lot of people know, Maine and I are currently in Italy shooting a movie, which is our gift to our fans and we are very excited about that! So it’s definitely a great idea!
5. Will you be entering a submission for #ATA2016?
Alden Richards: I think so! That would be up to my producers, but I hope so!
6. Should fans be expecting to see you at the Asian Television Awards 2016?
Alden Richards: If I get invited, why not? I would love to attend.
10 Recent Post