Photos taken from the book Alden Richards: In his Own Words, published by Summit Books
First things first: The “10 Things You May Not Know” about Pambansang Bae Alden Richards:
1. I know I said I’m terrified of whales, but I’ve never actually seen one in real life — only on TV!
2. I’m very matipid. I keep track of every peso I spend, especially when I travel.
3. My mom was the first person who ever called me Tisoy. My childhood friends also call me that because my skin is very fair and my eyes are big.
4. Iron Man is my favorite superhero of all time. I like the fact that he’s human, and, of course, he’s played by Robert Downey Jr. He also has the coolest weapons!
5. I don’t remember who first called me “Pambansang Bae,” but it was Allan K who first called me “Pambansang Dimples.”
6. I think it would be really cool to be an FBI agent. Spy movies are the best! My favorites: The Man From U.N.C.L.E. and Kingsmen: The Secret Service.
7. My Hollywood crush is Eva Green. I love her on the TV show Penny Dreadful. Her eyes are so beautiful.
8. My favorite NBA team is the Golden State Warriors.
9. I’m a neat freak. Sometimes, I even sleep on the floor when I have an early flight the next day so my bed would be perfect before I leave.
10. The weirdest encounter I had with a fan was when I got slapped because she couldn’t believe it was really me.
This is a chapter from the book Alden Richards: In My Own Words published by Summit Books, which was sold out soon after it hit the bookstores and is now on its second printing. For only P250 per copy, you will get to know Alden inside out from the time he was born up to the time the book was published.
Before the well-attended launch last Sunday afternoon at the Robinsons Galleria Activity Center, Funfare did a “quickie” interview with Alden.
How come Maine Mendoza is not in the book (except for a few pictures with you)?
“Kasi Summit made the offer early last year before AlDub was born.”
Is it really a tell-all book?
“Yes, I told everything straight from the heart. Nothing is left out; no editing at all. Everything is 100 percent the truth.”
What’s your true status with Maine?
“As I’ve been saying, walang label. All I can say is that we are open to and with each other. We are just enjoying every moment we are together, especially at work.”
You kissed (lips to lips!!!) at the end of your movie Imagine You & Me. How did it feel?
(Blushes) “Feel na feel. Mixed-mixed na ang feeling. It was the first time I kissed her on camera.”
What about off camera?
“Wala pa! Hahahaha!!!”
Anong lasa ng lips ni Maine?
“Lasang cherry, hahahaha!!!”
“Ask Maine, hahahahaha!!!”
Is it true na naka-seven takes kayo for that kissing scene?
“Yes, kasi it was shot from different angles.”
If you kissed her in real life, how long would it take?
“Depends on the moment, hahahaha!!!”
How is your soap with Maine?
“No decision yet. Everything is in the planning stage pa.”
10 Recent Post